Here are some of the questions we have received and answered most recently:
1. Can I have Intercept in pre-made shrouds/bags? Yes. In addition to our standard on-shelf sizes, Intercept Packaging material can be custom converted to best fit whatever size you need.
2. Does Intercept fit into a reusable packaging program? Absolutely. In fact, it is the best packaging material to choose and a reusable program can be accomplished by choosing Intercept flexible films or fabrics and/or rigid trays, totes and lids.
3. Are the Intercept products clean? Yes. Intercept products are clean and safe, with no outgas or particle shed. If required, Intercept can be processed to fit into a clean room program.
4. Can I ship and store our products anywhere in the world trouble free; even in Southeast Asia with the burn season in effect? Yes.
5. Can Intercept help us with our corrosion issues? Yes. The beauty of the Intercept Technology packaging is that it always works the same way, whatever the packaging configuration calls for. Intercept provides you with these benefits:
- ✓ corrosion protection
- ✓ moisture barrier
- ✓ electro-static protection
- ✓ mold and mildew inhibition
- ✓ a barrier to insects
With that in mind, here are some of the most common Intercept Technology Packaging configurations to help you decide whether Intercept can fit for you:
Bags, shrouds, liners, rolls, sheets - All sizes, many gauges and toughness, different closure methods like roll and tape or zipper
Trays and Totes - Static Intercept (all the above-listed protection, not just ESD) can be thermoformed and injection molded.
Covers - Different Intercept materials can be used; especially our new Intercept Woven and our proven Intercept Fabric. Now it’s just about using your imagination! Ask us to share some creative case studies from companies utilizing Intercept in other countries.
Shrink Films - companies have open-air shipped and stored in many harsh environments and used our large width rolls of shrink films.
Retail Packaging - Indeed, some musical instrument manufacturers and archivists have used Intercept for many years.
More about corrosion in this video:
And about Intercept Technology™ in this one:
Intercept Technology Packaging products fit within a sustainability strategy because they are reusable, recyclable, do not contain or use volatile components (No VOCs, Not a VCI) and leave a smaller carbon footprint than most traditional protective packaging products.